Ford V8 efi

Clare Snyder snyder at huron.net
Sun May 24 02:56:42 GMT 1998

Jake Lindeke wrote:

> > Again, I would use the 5 litre HO setup for injection, possibly using a GM
> > brain and aftermarket style turbo - could even use a pair of 2.5 liter
> > Chrysler turbos, one on each bank, connected to a common intake and
> > plenum. The 5 litre system would be sized pretty close to correct for a
> > slightly warmed 289, or 4.8 Litre engine. --
>
> how does a ford 5.0L HO EFI system know anything about veriable pressure
> or the GM brain your refering to?

Does it have to? All you are using is the Ford manifold, injectors, fuel
rail, and possibly a few sensors - particularly the TPS. The GM ECU
controlls everything as if it was a chevy - it can't read signs. Blue
bowtie or blue oval, it does not really care too much.

> as for Crysler turbos Uck. I'll go with a pair of Garrett's.

The choice is totally up to you - just thought the chryco stuff is
readily available, cheap, and seams to stand up pretty good in it's
original installation. Factory supplied parts are usually nicer when you
have something fail and need a replacement - you don't have to find a
speed shop and wait a week for a replacement - in a pinch you just scoot
down to the closest wrecker, and you have a part to get you home. Mabee
unlike me, you only drive places you are willing to walk home from.

--
                               _/\_
                    Reply to Clare at snyder.on.ca
                                OR
Remove the R from clsnyder in my E-Mail Address to reply. Stop the
spammers!!!
It's hard to soar like an eagle when your stuck with a bunch of
Turkeys!!!