Ford and Dual Turbos-exhaust cross over.

Espen Hilde mwichstr at online.no
Mon May 25 20:35:49 GMT 1998

Thanks for updating,interesting...I got a tip once, and I think it seems
right.
The advice was to to connect the two exshaust banks tougheter and put a
waste gate between , The idee is to use all the exshaust pulse energy to
speed up the
turbo fast ,then at 0,6kg boost or at some level ,open the waste gate and
connect the two banks .This will dampen the pulses ,and convert the puls
flow to steady flow witch is more effichent.The backpressure will be
simular for both banks,this
is important for reliability at high output, high boost.One exhaust pulse
will have
two turbines to share the flow.
Another idee I want to test ,is using 3 turbochargers. One at each bank
with integral waste gates, and make tubing from integral wastegates from
each bank and connect this to exhaust inlet on 3rd.turbo (with integral
waste gate)Compressor outlet on 3rd. turbo could be connected to plenum
with reed valves .(from 2stroke engine) The result of this setup could be,
little lag,boost
at low rpm.high top end horsepower.Will also give advantages stated in
first idee.
At this setup backpressure will vary from waste gate possition.I want to
use
MAF or MAP if I could have backpressure MAP to.
Am I ready for a BIG cone shaped hat? Any one....
Espen Hilde