LT-1 Basic Question

Wayne Edelen wayne at clark.net
Tue May 26 14:02:29 GMT 1998

On Mon, 25 May 1998, Dupree, Robert A. wrote:

> In the continuing quest to identify the engine I have I need to know:
>
> Are all LT-1's 4-bolt mains?

Nope.  B-Body (Caprice/Impy/Roadmaster) iron head LT-1s and F-Body
(Z28/Formula/TA) aluminum head LT-1s got 2 bolt mains.

AFAIK, the only LT-1 w/4 bolt mains is the Y-Body (Vette).

> Just so I'm clear the "mains" are the metal caps that hold the crank against
> the engine, right?
>
> My engine only has two bolts in each cap...
>
> The Plot Thickens...
> Bob Dupree

Yours is the one with iron heads, right?

----
Wayne Edelen - http://www.clark.net/pub/wayne
1996 Pontiac Firebird Formula  - Purple/Graphite
AFR heads, 224/236 cam, Borla, 58mmTB, '95 MM ECM
AS&M cold air, LT4 timing chain/gears and other stuff  :)