LT-1 Basic Question

Wayne Edelen wayne at clark.net
Tue May 26 18:53:40 GMT 1998

On Tue, 26 May 1998 kenkelly at lucent.com wrote:

> Bob,
> 	I think several of the impala engines used two Knock
> sensors. One on each side of the engine. The Camaro &
> Corvette only use one knock sensor on the Passenger side. I

I don't know about the Impy's, but AFAIK, the 'vettes use two knock
sensors.  You are correct about the F-Bodies, only one knock sensor.

> believe you must match the knock sensor and the computer,
> but you can just replace the knock sensor with one that
> matches the PCM.

This is true.  When I replaced my '96 ECM with a '95, the ESC module had
to be replaced in the '95 computer b/c of the '96 knock sensor.  I'm now
using a '95 computer, '96 ESC module and '96 knock sensor (w/33%
desensitize).

> also each year GM added anothe sensor to
> the engine, so The harness must match the sensors you use. I
> know 94 added the MAF, and 96 added the Crank position
> sensor and aftercat O2 sensors.

Yep.

----
Wayne Edelen - http://www.clark.net/pub/wayne
1996 Pontiac Firebird Formula  - Purple/Graphite
Heads, cam, exhaust, intake, gears, '95 computer