CDI and programmable Ignition in Oz

ants ants at nlc.net.au
Wed May 27 09:44:25 GMT 1998

Hi all,

I have seen any posting from this list for 6 days know, so if anyone hasanswered these questions, sorry for the repeat.

I went and had a look at the programmable ignition kit at Jaycar. it cost $65.00 AUD
It has 2 programmable ramps. It's very basic. I have ordered the magazine article in which it first appeared. Maybe we can modify to have more programmable points.

As to the CDI, I build one about 8years ago. Still working, and it works great. Originally, I wanted to put it on my Fiat 124 Sport, but the tacho wouldn't fire of it due to the short pulse length. I ended up putting it in my VW Kombi (Transporter). Ther was definately a difference in performance in the engine department (Although that could be due to the old ignition not set up properly in the first place). Currently it sits in the cupboard, as all my cars have high energy electronic ignition in them, and the CDI would probably make no difference at all.

NOTE: I never had any cross firing problem with my CDI.

Later, Ants