ION-related IGN Comments & Coil Quest

garfield at pilgrimhouse.com garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Thu May 28 17:57:44 GMT 1998

On Thu, 28 May 1998 12:03:12 -0500, steve ravet
<steve at sun4c409.imes.com> wrote:

>How about a five terminal coil?  I just looked at my motor (from a '91 Caprice, TBI 350), and it has the
small cap HEI w/external coil.  The coil has 4 regular wires (two white,
one pink, one large
>gauge pink) on two weatherpak plugs, plus the high tension lead to the distributor.  What's up with that?

I dunno, but I'm SURE gonna look into it. Yeah, thanks to the other
bloak who also mentioned the HEI internal coils, cuz that got me
wondering JUST the very same thing you're now bringing up, namely, "hmm,
what about the EXTERNAL HEI coils, then".

>As far as coil-per-plug, I had compiled a list of them at one time on the EFI reference
document I was maintaining.  You can find a copy of it on the vettenet,
http://www.vettenet.org/efi_ref.txt

I have a copy of that choice lil morsel saved in my private stash, thank
you, but I don't find any DI coil list in there anywhere. Could you hum
a few more bars?

Gar