EGR and BLMs, was Oxygen sensor....

Scot Sealander Sealand at clarityconnect.com
Sun Nov 1 18:20:40 GMT 1998

mrvette wrote:

> But from the below convertsation  the question I have is...what affect
> does the capability of doing the block learn tables over driving time
> have o this...seems that the BLC would correct for any built in errors
> due to the changes....?  rite? rong?

Right, Gene.

The block learn can easily add the necessary fuel.  It is within range,
but is only needed if you disable EGR by external means.  That is, if you
use an EGR block-off plate, or otherwise defeat EGR mechanically, and the
ECM thinks that EGR is really on when it is defeated, it needs to add
fuel, and it will.

If you turn EGR off in the ECM, such as the PWM to the EGR is zero, then
the ECM knows that there is no EGR, and it has the fueling right to start
with.

The spark *in-this-case* is a little more complex.  One would have to see
what the cal tables look like to really know, and not guess at what is
going on.  Tuning by long distance can be very difficult....  ;-)

Scot Sealander     Sealand at clarityconnect.com