MAF

Thomas Martin marttj at pcmail1.csg.mot.com
Mon Nov 2 20:17:46 GMT 1998

I have a 91 Bonneville with the Series I 3800.  I would like to put the older
larger MAF from a "3" or 3.8L V6 on my engine to increase airflow.  Eventually add
a turbocharger.

The MAF I have now is the Hitachi, and has a small 25 mm air passage.  It has a
small 10 mm (approx) port to sensor air for the MAF itself.

Can I swap these units?  What sort of output does the MAF has?  Is it a constant
voltage that varies with airflow, or is it a higher frequency output?

(should I drag out the O-Scope to view?)

Thanks!
Thomas Martin