1227746 ECM

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Mon Nov 2 21:43:30 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com <Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Monday, November 02, 1998 4:06 PM
Subject: 1227746 ECM

>I found a 7746 ECM ( ACDW)  at the local U-Pull- IT .   The donor car was a
>4.3L TBI 1987 Grand Prix this set up seems to be the same as a 1987 Astro
>Van with a 7747 ECM  are the ECM's plug and play ?

You really need to get a wiring diagram out, and look.  There are
sometimes small but meaningful changes from ecm to ecm.  They
are not the same.  In the passenger car versions they use a IAT.
Also, the tables will be moved around some I beleive.  If you want
to tinker with a 747 you need to have a 747.  Some of the advanced
guys can play some games with adapations, but if your just starting
out learn the baxics first.

I would also appreciate
>some help
>With downloading Bin files, Can a PROM be burned from the data in the
Bin's.

When the correct corresponding parts are used, yes.