where to find info

ron.boley ron.boley at worldnet.att.net
Tue Nov 3 13:43:38 GMT 1998

Geoff,

There are a few problems that you need to surmount to get at your data
tables.  The location of data (Tables) in a EEPROM, EPROM or FLASH
device is dependent on the designer of the controller.  While these
devices have address lines (the number varies with the device size: 2 to
n power) engineers do not have to use them sequentially (A0, A1, A2,
A3...).  Some may break the device into sections to keep their code or
functionality seperate.

You'll have to located the data sheets for the device(s) that you are
trying to read.  I would suspect that these are have been manufactured
in bulk for the controller manufacturer and have their part numbers and
identification logo'd on them.  Makes it hard to know what you've got...

I would initially assume that the controller designer used the
EEPROM/EPROM/FLASH device in a logical fashion so there are no
partitions or segments.  Then you'd need to dump the contents and look
it over hoping to find sections/data that made sense to you.

Overall its not intuitive but a big guessing game.  Pays to get
assistance from those who have been there before.

Ron