Beginner's links

Bill the arcstarter arcstarter at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 3 16:22:19 GMT 1998

It was written:
>If you actually want to modify the data in the chip you first of all
have
>to read it. Secondly you have to know what you want to modify and
>where this data is situated in the EPROM. If you kow all this data
>you have to figure out what each of the values mean. Then you can
>edit the EPROM data with an HEXadecimal editor. Finaly you can
>reprogram the erased EPROM and see whether you have created
>an explosion.

Yes.  Two links off the diy_efi page have some excellent introductory
information on this process.  I learned a lot by reading through these
links:

http://efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu/diy_efi/oem/gm/prog_101.html
http://efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu/diy_efi/oem/gm/tunetip.html

Also -be advised there may be a checksum calculation to be performed and
programmed into the eprom prior to running it.  One of the above links
has info on that too!

-Bill