weird question I think

Bill the arcstarter arcstarter at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 3 16:32:18 GMT 1998

Jim wrote:
>Is there an inexpensive way to make a PC simulate a chip, say a prom
reader
>that passes through a PC on the way to the ECM. You load the rom code
into the
>PC, and the PC simulates a prom., that you could modify parameters to
see what

Yea, look for something called a ROM emulator.  Its a box with a cable
coming out one end which attaches to your ECU (or whatever).  You
download the ROM code image into this box and off you go!  But I'm not
sure how much time this will actually save, and they usually aren't too
cheap either.

-Bill