[Fwd: [M] [M} IC Thermodynamics]- Part 3

PMDRACER at aol.com PMDRACER at aol.com
Wed Nov 4 05:44:50 GMT 1998

Another idea that I have been part of is to use either Nitrous Oxide injection
into the turbo (cooling effect) or to inject propane into the turbo. The
propane gives a cooling effect, and it's octane rating is 120+. PLEASE NOTE!
This was done on a Bonneville salt flats race car. I CANNOT EMPHASIZE ENOUGH.
DO NOT DO THIS ON THE STREET!!! PROPANE IS EXPLOSIVE, AND A SERIOUS EXPLOSION
CAN OCCUR.
Just in case you are wondering, the introduction of propane into our dual-
turbo 468 cid 3800 lb vehicle increased trap speed by 27.83 MPH at the end of
the flying 5 mile marker.