[Fwd: [M] [M} IC Thermodynamics]- Part 3

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Wed Nov 4 15:25:42 GMT 1998

  Barry E. King wrote:
 > You should be injecting the water/alcohol just before the t/b well after
   the
 > turbine has compressed inlet air.
 >
 > Why was water hitting the compressor wheel?  Do you mean the turbine (hot
 > side)?
==========================
Hi Barry,
I was definitely referring to compressor wheel probs..
 I agree with injection AFTER the turbo (and Intercooler).....
The thread originally mentioned injecting water/alky into
the turbo inlet... wait, I'll snip Tom S's original message:

> A more cost efficient use (cheap) is to cool the turbo with water/alcohol
> injection into the turbo inlet. The turbo really atomizes the liquid,

True some indy cars made use of the squirt into the turbo inlet,
but they replaced compressor wheels often.  They were the "poster
child" example, used by turbo books, as for why you shouldn't do it.
HTH Mike V