[Fwd: [M] [M} IC Thermodynamics]- Part 3

Bill the arcstarter arcstarter at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 5 03:15:24 GMT 1998

It was written:

>Propane is not an explosive???  Go back to elementary school young man.
Or,
>at least back to basic Jr.  High chemistry!  Propane IS an explosive.
My

Some points:
1) The BATF does not consider either propane nor gasoline as an
explosive.

2) Propane has LESS energy per lb or by volume than gasoline does.

3) "IT'S" all in how you use the stuff...

>proof is the 4200 lb van sitting in my driveway that runs on the stuff.
If

Excellent!  If I may ask - who's conversion kit did you use?  I'd like
to contact them...

Check out this site for DIRECT LIQUID PROPANE INJECTION!  I want to do
this (and gain a permanent EPA emissions exemption in the process! :)  )
http://www.powertorque.co.uk/conversions/yps.htm

I bet the cooling effect of the LPG would largely offset the
traditionally lower power produced by pre-vaporized propane "carbs"...
Kinda like extremely atomized gasoline injection (air assisted
injection) having a worse VE than the traditional partially atomized
gasoline injection....

If anyone else has info on this topic (LPG injection) I'd like to hear
it!

-Bill