No sumcheck code in a '95 MEMCAL

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Thu Nov 5 15:21:52 GMT 1998

Question:

Do we know if the actual checksum program is on the prom (the one
that sets the code) is actually in the prom?  I would think the that
code that actually verifies the prom is good would need to be
elsewhere.  I was also under the impressions that the checksum code
was really just a do nothing loop of sorts, maybe they decided to do
something else there.   The code to to the checksum could actually be
someplace else in memory (maybe built into the cpu rom?) and
calculating the prom and deciding if the prom is good or not.

I will have to look at my 93 Z and see if it actually has checksum
code in it.  If anyone else wants to look it it, it is at:

	http://www.hit.net/~rah

I am still working on its disassembly.

			Roger