[Fwd: [M] [M} IC Thermodynamics]- Part 3

am018 am018 at post.almac.co.uk
Fri Nov 6 14:00:56 GMT 1998

As many have said  fuel is not an explosive but  fuel and oxgyen are -- hence
FAE bombs (Fuel-Air-EXPLOSIVE) used in the last Gulf conflict.
I have seen the wrecks of large  tanker ships with the entire length of the deck
ripped and rolled up like a sardine can by pumproom explosions from petroleum
vapour in the atmosphere.
In the UK about 25 years back a minor gas  leak completely  blew up a chemical
plant at Flixborough which  covered serveral acres, eywitnesses compared it to
an atomic device.

Another example is ordinary domestic flour  -- not an explosive but the flour
dust in the air  has blown up more than a few flower mills.

Andy MacF