Oxy sensor location ?

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Fri Nov 6 14:31:53 GMT 1998

>    The main reason for the oxygen sensors being close to the head on
>production vehicles is to allow the sensor to reach the proper operating
>temperature.

KEY word here is QUICKER.-- The quicker the factories can get the sensor up
to temp, the better they can do at meeting imposed cold start emission
rules. If this is not one of your concerns, you should be fine with a
heated one after the flange. Maybe some header wrap to six inches either
side of the sensor would help it along.

Regards, Greg

Normally I would recommend against relocating the O2 sensor