FreeDIACOM ? (long)

Chad Clendening clendenc at execpc.com
Fri Nov 6 19:10:13 GMT 1998

I havn't done anything with the SBEC but I have been working on the dual
module setup, the 85-7 setup

Some if the things I have found:

The baud rate is variable, sometimes the 7812.5 , sometimes 976.  You can
tell it to switch between the 2.

The serial protocol for that allows a couple of things:
    1) you can send it several bytes which add together into an address.
The program will then jump to that address.  This can ONLY be done upon
power on.
    2) you send it an address ( one byte) and it sends you the value at
that addres.  Since the chip only has 0x40 to 0xFF designated as RAM you
can get anything you please out of ram.  The error codes are included in
that.  The error codes are stored in 8 bytes, 2 sets of 4 codes.  It
appears one set is used for power on codes the other is a cumulative set.

I havn't looked much at the serial for a while, there may be more than
this also

Chad