Questions about Big Block Chevy Tall Deck Engines

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Sat Nov 7 04:55:07 GMT 1998

I'll try & find it in print for you, but my "8 track" era brain recalls the
366, 396, 402and 427 truck and car haveing the same
crankshaft demensions, while all the high decks had forged
ones.  High deck engines had longer connecting rods to
compensate for the one inch higher deck, and reduce piston
skirt side loads..  4 bolt mains, thicker decks and cyl walls.
 The 366 heads were terrible from a flow standpoint.
HTH
BTW,  8-tracks rule!