No sumcheck code in a '95 MEMCAL

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 7 21:06:08 GMT 1998

At 12:14 PM 11/7/98 -0600, you wrote:

>I am not sure how to tell what mine is.  It has a 32kb rom.  It is
>also one of those in engine computers, so it must be a bit more
>hardened against heat.

What year/app?

>I don't think so far (for the f-bodys) that anyone is reprogramming
>any of the ODB II computers (96+), they almost always seem to replace
>the 96 compuer with a 95 computer before even trying to reprogram it.

Well, Hypertech has the Power Programmer, JET also has a programmer for the
OBD_II ECM's.
Problem is, you're limited on changes to what they put in the programmer
and custom programming (Only offered by hypertech so far) is expensive.

           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
       I am Pentium of Borg...division is futile...you will be approximated.