No sumcheck code in a '95 MEMCAL

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Sat Nov 7 22:05:45 GMT 1998

On Sat, 7 Nov 1998, David A. Cooley wrote:

> >> What year/app?
> >>
> >93 Z28 LT1 engine A4 tranny
>
> Are you sure the ECM is in the engine compartment?
> The F-Body's usually put them behind the Glove box inside the passenger
> compartment... The ABS computer (If you have ABS) is under the hood with
> one large connector going to it.

Very sure.  I have had the computer out several times, and replaced
the prom several times, so yes I am sure.  I think the pre 93 f-bodies
had behind the glove box, the 93's they started putting it inthe
engine compartment.

> >> Well, Hypertech has the Power Programmer, JET also has a programmer for the
> >> OBD_II ECM's.
> >> Problem is, you're limited on changes to what they put in the programmer
> >> and custom programming (Only offered by hypertech so far) is expensive.
> >>

> >So far the hypertech stuff does not change anything useful just fans
> >on, shift points and misc. other stuff. I don't think they do anything
> >much with fuel, and that is generally where the big gains are.
> >

> The Impala SS guys have had really good luck with the power programmer...
> >From the feedback they have given it seems to modify fuel and timing as
> well as have options for shift points, fan temps, rear gear ratio changes etc.

Hypertech must be gettting better.  When I contacted them originally I
was told (for a 93 ) that they could not adjust for 30lb injectors.