Toyota, Mazda, Subaru OEM and Aftermarket EPROM binaries

Mike P. trinity at golden.net
Mon Nov 9 00:38:22 GMT 1998

>  Hi Guys,
>
>  I know most of the discussion on this list relates to GM, Ford, and
>  mostly American cars, but here in little old NZ we don't get many of
>  these!!  I like to play with cheap jap turbo cars.  I'm looking for
>  Mazda, Subaru, and Mitsubishi OEM or aftermarket ECU binaries.
>
>  In particular I'm interested in:
>  - Mazda series 5 (2nd gen) 13B single turbo (manual) chips (my car!)
>  - Mazda GTX (1.8L 4wd tubo), 1991 chips (friend's car)
>  - Subaru RS Legacy 1989 - current chips (friend's car)
>  - Subaru GT Legacy 1989 - current
>  - Subaru WRX Imprezza chips - all models
>  - Mitsubishi Evo1,2,3,4,5 chips (my wannabe car!)
>
>  Any binaries, or technical specs on these chips (e.g. location of
>  fuel/ignition maps) would be GREATLY appreciated!!
>  Can anyone point me in the right direction?? :-)
>
>  cheers,
>  Warren Crowther
>  #include "std_disclaimers"

Warren,

I agree that data on Japanese OEM systems is woefully (and suprisingly)
sparse. My "project car" is a 1994 Ford Probe GT based, as you may know, on
the Mazda MX-6. It has the Mazda MECS-II PCME to control the sweet little
V6. I've made some progress debugging the PROM but there's always software
and hardware stuff one can never figure out on one's own.

Though it's not a turbo, I'm rather sure that many PCM elements are similar.
If you come across any hardware definitions (e.g. chip pinouts) or whatnot
for the MECS-II system, I'd really appreciate any info you could share.

---
Mike
94PGT
http://www.golden.net/~trinity