1982 PROM QUESTION unanswered!

Jake Sternberg chickens at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Mon Nov 9 05:37:44 GMT 1998

Okay people, i know these chips are not erasable.  I'm
not trying to erase them, i'm trying to read them.  My
rom burner doesn't care whether a chip is erasable or
not when i'm READING the chip.  When i write to a chip
I use one with a little glass window after erasing it
with ultraviolet light; these are factory OTP (one-time
programmable) chips.  But i want to READ them.

Does anyone know why i can't READ the delco OEM PROM
nor the hypertech aftermarket PROM on this 1982 ECM
(crossfire injection from a camaro)???

I theorize it may have something to do with signal levels
or some other weird stuff.  I might try plugging them
into an ethernet card reading the data through DEBUG using
the computer as a rom reader.

Thanks,
-jake