1982 ECM Rom type????????

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 9 12:55:23 GMT 1998

At 09:41 PM 11/8/98 -0600, you wrote:

>There must be something fundamental that i'm missing.  The hypertech
>chip says 82S181 on it under the label, but i couldn't see what else
>it says under there.  What am i missing?
>
>This ECM uses an external ESC/knock box and has the circuitboard-edge
>style connections. It's from 1982.  What are these chips?

Jake,
You answered your own question... the PROM is an 82S181, not a 2732.
I *had* an MCT eprom burner, but they are junk.
For the same price, you can get the Needhams PB10 programmer and it
supports 100 times the device types as the MCT unit.  The MCT also has
memory conflicts with the PC when trying to read anything larger than a
2732... it reads in PC memory into the code buffer!
Later,
Dave

           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
       I am Pentium of Borg...division is futile...you will be approximated.