TRACTION CONTROL

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Thu Nov 12 02:41:42 GMT 1998

I recently grabbed a throttle body off of a 4.5 Lexus V8..
It had a GIANT butterfly that the throttle linkage connects to,
then another TC butterfly 6 inches away (in the same bore)
that is activated by the equivelrnt of a geared wiper motor,
that works against a spring.  The TC buterfly is held in the
open position by the spring, until the ECM activates the
"wiper motor thingy" which closes the butterfly and kills power.
 Both the throttle and TC butterflies had TPS units on them.
 Lemme know if you wanna pic & I'll fire up the hat-cam.