Homemade A/F Meter

Khoo Teck-Khoon tkkhoo at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 12 02:52:31 GMT 1998

Help!

I have found diagrams for a A/F Meter using a O2 sensor. However, my car
does not come with a O2 sensor. Therefore, I have to source from other
places. Anyway, I have found a 2 wire O2 sensor which I have tested to
be 1 wire for the voltage signal and the other seems to be for the
heater element. Is there a 2 wire heated O2 sensor? Because there only
seems to be signal when I connect 1 wire to the multitester and the
other connected to the neck of the O2 sensor, no signal if I connect to
the other wire.

Anyway, the problem is with the signal...very low voltage i.e. about
0.05 to 0.075 volts. The voltage seems to change whenever I lean/richen
the mixture. But the voltage should not be this low, right? I have
placed the O2 sensor about 2 feet away from the collector pipe but it
seems to be sitting quite high...maybe the O2 sensor is not getting
enough of the exhaust gas?

Somebody please help me with this problem soon because I intend to get
the LM3914 to built a better monitor.

Regards,
tkkhoo at hotmail.com