TRACTION CONTROL

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Nov 12 03:11:33 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: soren <soren at rio.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Wednesday, November 11, 1998 9:39 PM
Subject: Re: TRACTION CONTROL

>>I am wanting to do a DIY traction control.
>>Does anyone know if OEM systems use ABS/apply brakes or >>retard timing in
the event of lost traction..
>    There are examples of systems that use both techniques.  Some
>supercharged GM vehicles open up the boost control solenoid to >decrease
power in the event of traction loss.  However, I see no >reason why you
would want to encumber your car with either ABS >or traction control; a
knowledgeable driver with decent reflexes can >usually outperform either
system.
>Soren

Key word here usually.  I gots a car that is very hard to modulate the
throttle to keep the hides hooked (actually just the first two gears).
Besides, the inner glow of powering thru some water, and having it work
perfect is a neat feeling,
  As for the comment about the cat converter, for that retard+fuel
control sounds better than my stutter.  The drop every 7th pulse
was not as rough as a miss with a dead cylinder.  When it hit the
rvry 5th shot ya that was quite noticeable.  But, I had to run some
Big steps in retard to hold it back, think was 4-6-9, and it would
hit the 19 total.

Please excuse the none EFI but the ABS can really be used well in
scca parking lot events, watch some good vette drivers.
Bruce