Delco 16220371 ECU (Mercruiser 502 magnum MPI)

Espen Hilde mwichstr at online.no
Thu Nov 12 22:30:03 GMT 1998

A friend of mine is prepairing for a dyno run in a superflow bench.
The engine is a Mercruiser Magnum 502 MPI  1996model.The engine is equipped
with a procharger kit.
Thats a sentrifugal compressor  with a water to air intercooler, the only
change to fuel/ingition is a rising rate
fuel pressure regulator.The compressor is giving a modest 5 psi boost.The
boost starts  from 3000rpm.
We are going to strap the engine to the dyno with headers and have then
access to exhaust temp for
each  cyl.   We can borrow a scan tool from mercruiser  (price 1000 usd.) ,
but we want a scan tool that can be used for cars and other engines,maybe
for a better price.Diacom?
It would be nice to have access to the ecu , so we can alter the maps for
ignition and fuel under boost.
Is it anyone who have info about this DELCO ECU? There are several numbers
attached to the ecu box:
     16220371
     Modell                860371ka00002699                    White tag
:9456
The box is just 13,5cm  times  10cm
One multipoint connector on each side  , 32 pins each
One connector in the wier harness to connect to the scantool : 10 pins and
6 is used.
The efi system is MPI with MAP  and knock sensor. No ego .   Map sensor is
:039-5160
injectors:5467(difficult to see)  Ignition system is mercruiser HEI  with a
distributor.
It would be nice if this ecu was the same as a much used car ecu.
We need advice on what equipment we need to be able to alter this ecu.
Type of prom?
E-prom burner?
Eraser?
Software?