Fuel pressure / Flow rate formula

Barry E. King beking at home.com
Fri Nov 13 18:05:31 GMT 1998

Don't forget to compensate for manifold pressure since you've got a turbo
application.  Also consider the fuel pump since at some point the fuel pump
will not flow more above some pressure.  Depends on the pump of course.

You need something like 36-45 psi at the injector (probably depends on the
application -- I am used to low ohm peak/hold injectors).  So for each psi
of boost you need an additional psi of fuel rail pressure to meet the actual
pressure at the injector.

If this is previously known then kindly disregard. ;)

Regards,

Barry

<snpped>

> In my case, I'm looking at fueling for a turbo.  It's not a race car, but
> my daily driven truck.  Hitting boost will be an intermittant
> thing measured
> in the order of seconds.  Longest period may be up to a minute or
> two when
> going through the mountains on some of the big, long climbs.

<snipped>