TRACTION CONTROL

Raymond C Drouillard cosmic.ray at juno.com
Sat Nov 14 02:58:01 GMT 1998

I guess the first thing to say is that we aren't dealing with a racing
engine.  It won't be running as close to the physical limits.

Also, on my Holley Pro-Jection system, it doesn't feather back the
injecter volume.  It cuts it.  The engine coasts down to some
predetermined speed, and injection resumes as normal.  This gives the
effect of "bouncing" off of the rev limit.  This would, however, not be a
good thing in situation where you have bad traction.

What I was suggesting is that NO fuel be injected to a particular
cylinder at a particular time.  Every seventh firing was suggested.
During those cycles, the cylinder would gulp pure air.  There would be no
flame, so no pitting.

Ray Drouillard