***Re: EFI Please????

Clarence L.Snyder clare.snyder.on.ca at ibm.net
Sat Nov 14 04:35:08 GMT 1998

Raymond C Drouillard wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Nov 1998 18:25:45 +0000 H Villemure
> <memvive at globetrotter.qc.ca> writes:
> >If you had taken the time to read my reply correctly- I also mentioned
> >tank-like reliability (or was it in another post), which to the best of
> my
> >knowledge still eludes most american cars.
>
> I have found the Jeeps that I have owned have tank-like reliability.  My
> Jeeps end up taking more punishemnt than ordinary cars, and they stand up
> to it.
>
> Ray Drouillard

> or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]
You haven't seen tough and reliable 'till you've seen an old FJ/BJ 40 to
60 series rock crusher (also known as a hand bruiser - labelled by
Toyota as a Land Cruiser). Loosely based on the 235 inch chevy
stove-bolt for the FJ - original tranny and transfer case under licence
from GM - and 4 cyl doozle on the BJ. When I was in central africa,
jeeps, scouts, nissan patrols, and the venerable land rovers were often
seen on a rope behind an FJ55 P/U or FJ45 shorty. Never saw a crusher on
a rope behind any of them. They were short on creature comforts compared
to many others, but talk about TOUGH.