Fuel pressure / Flow rate formula

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 14 19:03:31 GMT 1998

At 10:34 AM 11/14/98 -0500, you wrote:

>-> That's a pretty blatant statement isn't it?  Are you saying that if I
>-> go over 40 psi it will fail, period?  Everything I've read suggests
>-> that an injector will still work up to 120 psi, but that you should
>-> set as a maximum around 90 psi.  At 70, it will still work just fine.

Never said not to run them over 40psi even... some increase is ok, but
there comes a point (Found on the buick GN's for my reference) at about
65-70PSI where the injector fails to open or close depending on the design.
This is also the pressure differential across the injector, not referenced
to atmospheric pressure... For a turbo'd engine with 20 psi in the
manifold, 80PSI fuel would not be unreasonable, as it is only 60PSI across
the injector.
Later,
Dave
           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
       I am Pentium of Borg...division is futile...you will be approximated.