Timing...

Barry E. King beking at home.com
Sun Nov 15 00:33:06 GMT 1998

Yeah but it would make more sense if the front cylinders were ADVANCED.
Sure they aren't?

Seems to me the front bank will run cooler than the rear.  The rear will
allow more advance before knocking then.  Right?

I have a Mitsubishi 6G72 turbocharged engine (V6, 3.0l), also transversely
mounted.  I'd love to get into the ECU but supposedly it is not easy without
a Techtom unit due to a custom 68 PLCC.  In any case, the rear bank
definitely runs hotter than the front.  EGTs even vary which I suspect is
related in part to different timing but don't know for sure.

Barry