Injector Impedance how low can i go...

Steve Lamb lambs at HOTBLK.dsto.defence.gov.au
Mon Nov 16 01:15:30 GMT 1998

>I am using a GM 1227808 Aussie ECU.
>I want to know what impedance injectors it can drive.
>on a V8 we have 8 16ohm injectors in parallel about 2 Ohmn load.
>
>I want to play with a TBI that has 2 injectors which are about 1.8 Ohm each
>so if i parallel then up the ecu will see about .9 Ohm.  Will this melt the
>ECU ?

Stuart,

I've been told that some people have been successful in getting the 808 to
drive up to 4 low impedance injectors at about 2.5 Ohm each (0.625 total),
but, OTOH, were unsuccessful in getting 6 to work (about 0.42 total).  On
this basis, perhaps your TBI setup @0.9 Ohm should work OK (??).  I can't
speak for the longevity of the 808 if used in this way, but certainly has
been used to drive one TBI unit.

Steve Lamb
Department of Defence, DSTO
Aeronautical and Maritime Research Laboratory
506 Lorimer Street
Fishermans Bend  VIC 3207 Australia

Tel: +61 3 9626 7525
Fax: +61 3 9626 7089