Upload

Steve Ravet steve.ravet at arm.com
Mon Nov 16 17:13:29 GMT 1998

Tom Sharpe wrote:

> Group,
>
> If someone will tell me how and where to put it...(no flames please), I
> have a bin Browser I'd like to contribute to the web site........ but
> how and where????

Left yourself wide open there...

If you are using netscape for ftp, here is how to upload a file:

First, enter the server name in the Location field like this:

ftp://efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu

Then, click on incoming.  That's the only directory that will accept
uploads

Then, select "upload file" from the <file> menu.  Netscape will prompt
you for the file to upload.  Select it and off you go.

most important:  I try to maintain an index of the files in the ftp
site.  When you upload a file, send a note to the diy_efi list that has
contains the filename that you uploaded and a description.  That way I
or anyone else can search for the filename in the archives and come up
with a description.  That especially applies to things like .bin files,
where it's difficult to come up with an application just given the
broadcast code.

--
Steve Ravet
steve.ravet at arm.com