Injector Impedance how low can i go...

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Mon Nov 16 18:41:28 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew F. Gunnesch <afgun at mongoose.dearborn.sgi.com>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Monday, November 16, 1998 11:42 AM
Subject: Re: Injector Impedance how low can i go...

>On Nov 16, 10:13pm, Richard Wakeling wrote:
>> Subject: Re: Injector Impedance how low can i go...
>> Hi Stuart,
>> I recently discovered that the "808" seems to have the ability to >>drive
a couple of low impedence injectors in peek and hold mode. >>There is
provision already on the PCB to use the existing >>saturation injector
driver in peek and hold mode by,
>Any idea if this works for the '165 ECMs as well then?  Since the 808 and
165 seem to be fairly similar beasts.

>This would really be a boon if you could take a 165 ECM and >convert it
from using 8 saturation injectors to 8 peak-and-hold >injectors, no?

Does anyone have any documentation to show where a Peak+Hold
injector is "better" than a saturated?..  Yes, their operating times are
fast (1-5msec.), but in anything other than SEFI, or very high rpm
way bother?.  But, if doing a "normal" TPI or v-8 say limited to 7,500
why bother?..  BTW, the S+H suggested times are 2-10msec.
Cheers
Bruce