Kal/FJ20

Steve Lamb lambs at HOTBLK.dsto.defence.gov.au
Wed Nov 18 01:38:49 GMT 1998

As some of you are aware, a friend and myself have bought a copy of the
Kalmaker gear for 808 ecm's for evaluation.  We've fitted the GM hardware
to a Nissan FJ20 (2L/DOHC/16V/NA) engine and have successfully done some
test runs, although not under load.......yet.   We had  some  trouble
getting a stable idle, but after a bit of playing around this is fixed
although still a little high (1100....should be 900 or so).   I think this
is at least partly due to the fact that we are using a Commodore 3.8L V6 TB
adapted to the stock FJ20 manifold.

Anyway, in the next couple of weeks we will be getting access to an engine
dyno and so will _really_  be able to test things out properly.   I'll keep
everyone posted on the outcomes, plus if the tables are sensible and useful
to anyone, I'll post those too.

Cheers

Steve Lamb
Department of Defence, DSTO
Aeronautical and Maritime Research Laboratory
506 Lorimer Street
Fishermans Bend  VIC 3207 Australia

Tel: +61 3 9626 7525
Fax: +61 3 9626 7089