GM 1bar MAP will it see any boost?

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Nov 18 02:40:08 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Lamb <lambs at HOTBLK.dsto.defence.gov.au>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Tuesday, November 17, 1998 9:28 PM
Subject: Re: GM 1bar MAP will it see any boost?

If you mean to do any meaningful calibrations at several PSI of
boost then you should be running a 2 bar MAP sensor (which
will work up to 14.7 PSI of boost).  More than 14.7 or so then
a 3 bar that takes ya up to 29.4.  IMHO it's better to have too much
sensor so you can turn off the timing incase a waste gate or something fails
and you go over boost.  Trying to run 5 PSI of
boost on a 1 bar MAP is done all the time, but ain't the way to fly in my
book.
  The PSI are approxs., there is as mentioned some variance PSI
boost to MAP.
 Bruce