GM 1bar MAP will it see any boost?

Bob McElroy rmcelroy at cfu-cybernet.net
Wed Nov 18 02:59:26 GMT 1998

I would expect the sensor to give incorrect (if any) signals if operated
outside of it's design range.  If you do get a signal, I would expect it to
be inconsistent and unusable.  If you expect the manifold pressure to be
above 1 bar, you really should use a 2 bar MAP sensor.

And, just for clarification, 1 bar is not equal to 1 atm (~14.7 psia). 1 bar
is ~0.987 atm (~14.51 psia).  I know that it is not a big difference, but it
could cause some errors if calculating/estimating mass flow rate of air.

Bob McElroy
rmcelroy at cfu-cybernet.net