Miss and Die at WOT

Benjamin Marsh bmarsh at turing.une.edu.au
Thu Nov 19 02:54:57 GMT 1998

Hiya

Last night when I was driving my 87 RX subaru around, my ECM check light
kept coming on with the fault code 33 which is a speed sensor, It doesn't
seem to affect performance at all though. Secondly at WOT when boost started
to come on, but only sometimes, the engine seemed to falter, the tach
didn't move and the car didn't slow down at all, at one stage I held the
clutch in for a while coasting and the engine completely died, I pulled
over and attempted to start the engine, it just wound over without even
attempting to start, after a few minutes though it did start, but only at
WOT while cranking. Is it possible that my turbo is stuffed and when it
stalls the engine goes really rich causing the miss?, Could it be a
computer problem...
Thanks for any help
Regards
Ben Marsh