MAP Sensor

Tom Parker tparker at nznet.gen.nz
Thu Nov 19 07:55:49 GMT 1998

Mike Morrin <mikem at southern.co.nz> wrote:

>At 12:31 pm 11/19/98 +1200, Tom Parker wrote:
>>
>>Hmmm... in New Zealand, the only common GM cars (that I know of) are
>>Holdens. I guess I've just got to go to the breakers and look for something
>>that looks useful.

>I know the feeling.
>Alternatively, poke around all the cars in the wreckers yard, looking for
>fuel injection without a MAF sensor in the air path.

>Most of the common cars in the yards here are MAF.

I suppose I'm lucky then that my Mum's civic has a MAP sensor. It is a 1989
Civic GTi with a 1.6l 16v single overhead cam engine. The civic map sensor has
two hose connections, but it is the same hose, with a tee in it going into
both connections on the sensor.

Tom Parker - tparker at nznet.gen.nz
           - http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/8381/