[Fwd: New member needs help]

J Norris jwn at sgi.net
Thu Nov 19 13:09:26 GMT 1998

Thanks for the reply.  The manual says nothing about a hitting limit on the TPS
voltage.  I did set a code 21 twice but only when the diacom was hooked up and
no other time.  The GM manual for code 21 says nothing of a high limit.  The O2
voltage at the time of the event was 4.98v.  The ECM was definitely in closed
loop.  The Int. was 180 and the BLM was 124.  I have never checked fuel pressure
while the supposedly lean condition was happening since it hit or miss.  Under
"normal" conditions the pressure was 45 psi at WOT.  Since I readjusted the TPS
max down to 4.63 volts max, everything seems to be normal.  What bothers me is
that I have talked to a half dozen so called Corvette experts and no one ever
heard of the TPS having too high of a voltage and kicking it out of PE mode.

    Rotten egg in the tank?  Never heard of that one before.  I balloon maybe
but not an egg.  Thanks again for the info.