Engine building mailing list?

Barrett Nicholas barrettn at flex.net
Thu Nov 19 15:22:58 GMT 1998

I'm curious if anyone knows of a mailing list dedicated to engine
building. I'd like to understand how things like stroke,  the angle
in a v engine, piston ring design, different valve portings etc.
affect things. I think it'd be interesting to discuss what would be an
"ideal" engine, with a couple variations - theoretical, "cost no
object", and reality. The metalurgy behind hipping (and where you can
get items forged using that process), what titanuim alloys work well
for different engine components, etc.  If no one knows of such a list,
any idea if there's enough interest for such a list? It's the type of
thing I would have posted to the homebrew mailing list, but it's been
so dead lately I doubt I'd get a reply.

Barrett Nicholas