MAP Sensor

soren soren at rio.com
Fri Nov 20 06:24:49 GMT 1998

>Put the MAT sensor in the air cleaner or you get a lot of extra heet from
the
>intake that really screws up my Edelbrock.  that's why most new cars have
it in
>the air box.

    The air temp sensor should be in the place that the ECM was calibrated
to have it.  If the ECM is measuring manifold air temp, the sensor should be
there unless you really want to modify the signal to tell the ECM that it is
getting colder air than it thinks.  If it is measuring air box temp, putting
it in the manifold will tell it that the air is hotter than it is.

Soren