Engine building mailing list?

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Fri Nov 20 14:52:39 GMT 1998

>I guess I am surprised to hear this given the brittle nature of this alloy.
>
>Bob T

Not sure what is used for Ti valves, but I do believe that  this is it for
con rods, valve spring retainers, etc.

Their extreme impact strength at high hardness (and strength) levels is
reason why I am puzzled that more use of maraging steels is not
made---after all, they are pretty universal in applications like main rotor
shafts on helicopters--so I guess we think alike!!

Greg