O2 sensor and full tube headers

soren soren at rio.com
Fri Nov 20 22:23:56 GMT 1998

am looking to put a set of full length headers on an 89 TBI 350 in my
full size Blazer.  I am wondering if I can retain the single wire O2
sensor and just weld a bung into my collectors. I have heard suggestions
as to replacing it with a heated O2 sensor- ho wwould one go about doing
that?

    The main problem with putting an O2 sensor at the collector is the lack
of high temperatures necessary for proper sensor function.  Using a heated
sensor solves that problem.  The only modifications required for a heated
sensor is an ignition-switched power wire and ground for the heater element.

Soren