Misc ?? EFI

thergen at svn.net thergen at svn.net
Sat Nov 21 19:37:38 GMT 1998

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, Scot Sealander wrote:

> When in PE, the process is open loop, i.e., the feedback device is not
> being used.

I've seen both these conflicting viewpoints expressed before.  To me,
"closed loop" refers to a control process that is presently using feedback
(like an O2 sensor) to maintain some parameter (like AFR).

It may be just a question of semantics, but I think it is hindering some
of the discussions.  If we can't all be on the same page, knowing what
individuals mean by their use of "closed loop" may be good enough.

Thanks,
Tom