holley 4d_ efi changes??

Fran and Bud quest100 at gte.net
Sun Nov 22 00:58:06 GMT 1998

THERE IS ALWAYS MORE THAN ONE CORRECT ANSWER, BUT THE EARLY PJ SYSTEMS THAT
I HAVE SEEN HAVE A PRETTY BASIC THROTTLE BODY - FUEL REG, INJECTORS,
BUTTERFLY'S, AND A TPS.  THEY ALSO HAVE A BOSS FOR IAC BUT WERE NOT MACHINED
FOR IAC, HAVING A FAST IDLE SOLENOID/ADJ. SCREW AT THE LINKAGE INSTEAD. I
HAVE NOT SEEN THE CURRENT CONFIGURATION TO COMPARE.

HOWELL USES PJ THROTTLE BODIES (OR GM) IN CONJUNCTION WITH GM ELECTRONICS
INCLUDING THE IAC. MAGAZINE ARTICLES HAVE SHOWN PICTURES OF A HOWELL PJ TBI
MACHINED TO ALLOW THE USE OF THE GM IAC.  THE HOWELL INSTALLATIONS USE THE
FULL COMPLEMENT OF GM SENSORS AND ECU.  SHOULD YOU WANT TO USE GM
ELECTRONICS, INCLUDING IAC, WITH A PJ THROTTLE BODY THAT ISNT MACHINED FOR
IAC, THERE ARE SEVERAL SHOPS THAT SELL SPECIAL FITTINGS TO MOUNT AN IAC AND
WHICH CONNECT TO THE MANIFOLD WITH AN ORDINARY THREAD.  UNLESS YOU HAVE THE
EQUIPMENT TO MACHINE THE PROPER PORT YOURSELF, THE ADAPTER WILL COST A LOT
LESS THAN THE MACHINE TIME.

HOWELL ALSO SELLS A COUPLE OF MANUALS (ONE FOR TBI'S AND ONE FOR TPI'S) THAT
I HAVE PURCHASED, AND FOUND TO BE VERY HELPFULL.

DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW THE ELECTRONIC DETAILS ABOUT THE PJ SYSTEMS -
2BBL AND 4BBL - ANALOG AND DIGITAL - WHAT IS COMPATABLE AND WHAT ISNT.  IT
MIGHT HELP IN PICKING UP USED PARTS AT SWAP MEETS ETC.AND MAY AVOID A
MELTDOWN FROM MIXING THE WRONG COMBINATIONS?