Gm Programming

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Tue Nov 24 03:50:20 GMT 1998

Groups,

I found a site that might explain why it is difficult to decifer(sp?) GM
code.

http://www.averstar.com
http://www.averstar.com/tools
http://www.averstar.com/tools/more.html

Anyone ever heard of Intermetrics???  AverStar??  Know anyone there??

"Modula-GM
Engines controlled by software written in AverStar's Modula-GM won the
Indianapolis 500 two years in a row. If you have a recent model GM car
or truck, the engine controller was most likely programmed in Modula-GM.
A Modula-2 derivative, Modula-GM is the primary programming tool for
Delco engine controllers and other real-time automotive control
software. We enhanced Modula-2 to give Delco maximum performance of its
in-vehicle microcontrollers while minimizing memory requirements. The
result for Delco is cost-effective production of the millions of units
it ships each year."

Can we get a copy of any code??  Compilers, etc.??

Is there a GNU modula compiler?? Yes!! (SEVERAL)
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/m3doc/index.html

Now that we know what it is, (where it came from) it may be easier to
translate Bin files into C++ rather than C (or M-asm). Modula looks like
Object Pascal (Delphi) to me.

http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/hypertext/faq/usenet/computer-lang/Modula2-faq/part1/faq.html

"General Motors and its subsidiary Delco do their programming in General
Motors Modula-2."

Regards  Tom